All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in nanotechnology are transforming the ways of creating materials and products, leading society to the threshold of a second industrial revolution. However, future opportunities will depend significantly on how nanotechnology stakeholders deal with the short-term and long-term benefits, limitations, uncertainties and risks of nanotechnology. They will be tasked with navigating a variety of new social and ethical challenges associated with areas such as privacy, the environment, energy, population, genetics, agriculture, food, and security. Unique in its depth, breadth, and variety of viewpoints, Nanotechnology: Ethical and Social Issues stimulates, inspires, and builds awareness of nanotechnology's impact on society. Spanning the immense range of disciplines at work in nanotechnology, the book's selection of chapters focuses on how advances in science, and the convergence of multiple technologies, will impact society at individual, community, national, and international levels. The book focuses on raising the awareness of nanotechnology stakeholders, which includes undergraduate and graduate students; educators in sciences, engineering, business, and public policy; engineers; business and finance professionals; and policymakers. It also addresses the demands on the future workforce to learn new skill sets. The book uses an interactive format-which includes case studies, scenarios, and Web exercises-to promote critical thinking and problem solving skills. Content includes numerous tables, statistics, and figures to supplement and enhance the topics covered in each chapter. The result is a must-read for anyone seeking either a technical or nontechnical understanding of the societal impact of nanotechnology.
- Author BiographyDr. Ahmed S. Khan is a professor of Electronics and Electrical Engineering in the College of Engineering and Information Sciences at DeVry University, Addison, Illinois. He has 30 years of experience in research, instruction, curricula design, development, evaluation, implementation and program accreditation, management, and supervision. Dr. Khan is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE). He is also member of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and has been listed in Who's Who among America's Teachers.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/06/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNano and Energy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAhmed S. Khan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.