All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNatechlogy - techlogy at the molecular level - is held out by many as the Holy Grail for creating a trillion dollar ecomy and solving problems from curing cancer to reprocessing waste into products and building superfast computers. Yet, as with GMOs, many view natech as a high risk genie in a bottle that once uncorked has the potential to cause unpredictable, perhaps irreversible, environmental and public health disasters. With the race to bring products to market, there is pressing need to take stock of the situation and to have a full public debate about this new techlogical frontier. Including contributions by rewned figures such as Roland Clift, K. Eric Drexler and Arpad Pusztai, this is the first global overview of the state of natech and society in Europe, the USA, Japan and Canada, examining the ethics, the environmental and public health risks, and the governance and regulation of this most promising, and potentially most dangerous, of all techlogies.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Hunt is Professor of Ethics at the University of Surrey, UK and Professional Fellow of the Institute of Nanotechnology. Michael Mehta is Professor of Sociology and Chair of the Sociology of Biotechnology Program at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe Earthscan Science in Society Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, boxes, index
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey Hunt,Michael Mehta
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.