Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent introduction of namedicines in the drug therapy arena is revolutionizing the management of severe diseases. The key advance in the field is the optimization of the biological fate of drug molecules, thus improving the therapeutic effect while keeping to a very minimum the associated toxicity. Volume one of this book series, Naplatforms in Drug Delivery, established the basic aspects in the development of drug-loaded naplatforms, the so-called namedicines or nadrugs, focusing on representative materials and strategies used in their formulation. Taking advantage of the advanced conceptualizations on namedicine engineering that were described in volume one, volume two, Na-Engineering Strategies and Namedicines against Severe Diseases, analyzes in depth special features related to the formulation of naplatforms for oral, dental, topical and transdermal, pulmonary and nasal, ocular and otic, vaginal, and brain drug delivery and targeting. Particular aspects of namedicine engineering and in vivo fate associated with the routing of drug administration are given special attention. In addition, an up-to-date view is presented on the use of namedicines against severe diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative disorders, infectious diseases, chronic inflammatory diseases, and metabolic diseases. The chapters analyze the key factors that need to be controlled to achieve the optimum therapeutic effect. Attention is further given to gene delivery and the recent concept of natherasis.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/03/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations
- Weight1065 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDr. Jose L. Arias
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.