All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA lively, elegantly concise historic tour of Italy s city by the bayAn invaluable addition to the art of literary travel writing, Naples Declared presents an informative and compulsively readable account of three thousand years of Naples history. From the catacombs of San Gennaro to the lumius paintings of Caravaggio to the ruins of Pompeii in nearby Campania, rewned author Benjamin Taylor takes readers on a stroll around the city Italians lovingly call Il Cratere. Gracefully written and full of good humor, wisdom, and amusing anecdotes, Naples Declared is a wholly original work that will be welcomed by anyone seeking to kw more about the art, culture, and history of this fabled place.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Taylor is the author of two acclaimed novels The Book of Getting Even and Tales Out of School and the editor of Saul Bellow: Letters. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Benjamin Taylor
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, colour plates
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.