Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $34.79
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.46
- AU $18.12Trending at AU $19.56
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.91
About this product
- DescriptionAfter his surrender to the Royal Navy, Napoleon became the object of massive English public interest. He would live out his last years on the island of St. Helena without ever admitting to being a prisoner. This close study of Napoleon in captivity attempts to reconstruct an authentic portrait of the fallen emperor by examining contemporary documents and records of public opinion. Napoleon worked hard to obfuscate his history of tyranny with a legend elevating him as the architect of a federation of free European peoples, thwarted by reactionary monarchs and British envy. Many English citizens collaborated in this legend and joined in the condemnation of Napoleon's jailer and guardian, Sir Hudson Lowe. Frank Giles takes a fresh, balanced look at both Lowe and Napoleon, condemned to each other on an island for six years.
- Author(s)Frank Giles
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Read byJohn Lee
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time412
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.