All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNapoleone Martinuzzi, an artist held in high esteem by poet Gabriele dAnnunzio, became a partner of Paolo Venini in 1925. In his capacity as the artistic director of V.S.M. Venini & C. he designed magnificent objects until 1931. This book reviews his entire production as a glass designer, consisting of about 600 pieces identified after lengthy and thorough research. Unpublished records found in the Archivio Storico Venini have allowed researchers to appreciate the full extent of Martinuzzi's contribution to the factory's production and to identify many of his designs, some of which were previously unkwn. After devising elegant clear blown glass objects, the artist went on to explore previously unseen matter like bubble glass and opaque glass in intense and solid colours; he designed a wide repertoire of vases, cups, lights and peculiar decorative objects like fruits, coloured glass creatures and succulent plants, some of which were monumental in size. The book contains a wide range of period photographs, signed designs and factory drawings.
- Author BiographyMarino Barovier is an author and independent curator. He was born in Venice into one of the oldest families of Murano glassmakers. In 1983, he joined his wife, Marina, in the study of the history of twentieth-century Murano glass.
- Author(s)Carla Sonego,Marino Brovier
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note1780 colour illustrations
- Weight2870 g
- Width280 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.