All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis superb and comprehensive book details the foreign units which formed such an important part of Napoleon's forces. It examines each n-French unit in turn, giving an overview of the unit's origins, its organizational and combat history, its uniforms and standards, and details of the unit's eventual fate. Colourful accounts, taken from contemporary reports and memoirs, emphasize the qualities of the unit and throw light on what life was like for many of the foreign soldiers recruited into the Grande Armee. In total more than 100 different foreign units that served in the French Army are investigated in detail in this ambitious publication. Some foreign units fought and flourished throughout the Consulate and Empire, whilst others lasted for just a few months. Covers Polish, German, Swiss, Italian, Spanish, and other units in the French Army and presents a combat history and details uniforms for each regiment. Napoleon's Mercenaries is the best single-volume study of this aspect of Napoleon's army and a vital reference for every Napoleonic enthusiast. Little can be found on the foreign units that were an integral part of the French army ...For a long time a gap has existed, but w Napoleon's Mercenaries fills this gap. Robert Burnham, Napoleonic Series
- Author BiographyGuy Dempsey is a banking lawyer by profession, but has had a life-long interest in Napoleonic military history, with an emphasis on working with primary sources. He is the author of a number of authoritative works including Albuera 1811: The Bloodiest Battle of the Peninsular War. Guy lives near New York City with his wife and three daughters.
- Author(s)Guy C. Dempsey
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content NoteIllustrated with a centre plate section.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.