All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive review of the existing perspectives and applications of narcissism as a psychoanalytic concept that has been extremely influential in the fields of psychotherapy, social science, arts and humanities. Ten authors from different disciplines have been invited to write on the topic of narcissism as it is approached in their specialist field, resulting in an exciting and inclusive overview of contemporary thought on narcissism. This book is also a critical reader. Each author closely examined and analysed the possibilities and limitations of different views on narcissism. It is thus a very useful book both for students and experts who look for a deeper and broader understanding of the tion of 'narcissism' and its various psychotherapeutic, social and cultural applications.
- Author BiographyPolona Curk is an independent scholar. She previously worked as an associate research fellow in Psychosocial Studies at Birkbeck College, University of London, where she also completed her PhD. She has a background in psychoanalytic studies and works at the intersection of psychoanalysis, feminist philosophy and social theory. Her research examines intimacy and autonomy as two intrinsically linked processes through which the self lives relationally, and theorizes intimate autonomy as connected to continual attentiveness to the issues of dependency and destructiveness. She writes on the topics of attachment, intimacy, power dynamics, ambivalence, autonomy, and ethical responsibility. She has previously worked as a counsellor-volunteer in a non-governmental organization against domestic violence. Anastasios Gaitanidis is a Permanent Visiting Lecturer in Psychoanalytic Studies at Goldsmiths College (University of London), an Associate Lecturer in Social Sciences at the Open University and a Visiting Lecturer in Cultural Studies at the University of Kent. He is also a Psychodynamic Counsellor/Psychotherapist in private practice.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight390 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnastasios Gaitanidis,Polona Curk
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.