All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of narcolepsy has developed ermously within the last 10 years. Indeed the understanding of the basics of sleep-wake regulation and the discovery of new neurotransmitter systems (the hypocretins) has boosted research and key findings in the field, providing important insights into how sleep is regulated. Consequently narcolepsy w receives a great deal of attention from both clinicians and scientists throughout the world. Narcolepsy: Pathophysiology, Diagsis, and Treatment t only offers an engaging and comprehensive treatment of a fascinating disorder but also includes a DVD that offers a unique and large collection of movies displaying the symptoms of narcolepsy in people and animals. Written by some of the best experts in the field, the book focuses on the pathophysiology of the problem and also provides critical, up-to-date insights on the key clinical issues: how to diagse the disorder, how to treat it, and how to best manage psychosocial problems. The first and only guide to span the latest advances in narcolepsy, this reference provides sections in etiology, neurochemistry, the role of the hypocretins in sleep-wake regulation, animal models in narcolepsy, the key role of the hypothalamus, REM-sleep dysregulation, diagsis and classification, and treatment. Compiled by an international group of more than 30 authors, Narcolepsy: Pathophysiology, Diagsis, and Treatment is an indispensable resource for all clinicians and scientists with an interest in narcolepsy.
- Author BiographyChristian R. Baumann, MD University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland Claudio L. Bassetti, MD University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland Thomas E. Scammell, MD Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, 30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1029 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristian Baumann,Claudio L. Bassetti,Thomas E. Scammell
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.