All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe texts collected in this book are all produced and located within the converging fields of navigation and displacement. The connection between navigation and narration becomes clear when we realise that most of the authors and heroes of the accounts discussed by the author were, in one way or ather, involved in shipping and navigation and that their accounts were produced within fluid and floating spaces and in the course of intriguing voyages and long cruises. In all cases, these narratives start with the narrators on board ships and end with them once again taking charge of their ships and sailing back home. In this book, the author argues that the seventeenth- and eighteenth-century English narratives of adventure and captivity were t produced within clearly demarcated territories and on dry land, but within spaces of indeterminacy, struggle, and transition.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jamal Eddine Benhayoun was born in Marrakech in 1968. He is currently holding the position of Professor of English and Comparative Cultural Studies at Abdelmalek Essaadi University in Tetuan, Morocco. He is the founder member of the Research Group for Moroccan Studies in English (REGMOSE) and author of numerous articles and essays, in Arabic and English, on cultural criticism, Arabic literature, and current world affairs.
- Author(s)Jamal Eddine Benhayoun
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEurope Plurielle/Multiple Europes
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note2 ill.
- Weight320 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.