CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.12Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
About this product
- DescriptionNarrative theorists have lavished attention on beginnings and endings, but they have too often neglected the middle of narratives. In this groundbreaking collection of essays, Narrative Middles: Navigating the Nineteenth-Century British Novel, nine literary scholars offer invative approaches to the study of the underrepresented middle of the vast, bulky nineteenth-century multiplot vel. Combining rigorous formal analysis with established sociohistorical methods, these essays seek to account for the various ways in which the vel gave shape to British culture s powerful obsession with middles. The capacious middle of the nineteenth-century vel provides ample room for intricately woven plots and the development of complex character systems, but it also becomes a medium for capturing, consecrating, and cultivating the middle class and its middling, middlebrow tastes as well as its mediating global role in empire. Narrative Middles explores these fascinating conjunctions in new readings of vels by Jane Austen, William Makepeace Thackeray, Anne Bronte, George Eliot, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Henry James, and William Morris. Contributors: Amanda Claybaugh, Suzanne Daly, Amanpal Garcha, Amy King, Caroline Levine, Mario Ortiz-Robles, Kent Puckett, Hilary Schor, and Alex Woloch.
- Author BiographyCaroline Levine is professor of English at the University of Wisconsin Madison.Mario Ortiz-Robles is associate professor of English at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- Author(s)Mario Ortiz-Robles,Ms Caroline Levine
- PublisherOhio State University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTheory Interpretation Narrativ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio State University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.