All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionNarrative Therapies with Children and their Families introduces and develops the principles of narrative approaches to systemic therapeutic work, and shows how they can provide a powerful framework for engaging troubled children and their families. Written by eminent and leading clinicians, kwn nationally and internationally for their research and theory development in the field of child and family mental health, the book covers a broad range of difficult and sensitive topics, including trauma, abuse and youth offending. It illustrates the wide application of these principles in the context of the particular issues and challenges presented when working with children and families. Since publication of the first edition, the importance of narrative therapy has continued to grow, and this new edition provides an updated and revised overview of the field, along with three new chapters to keep apace with developments in child mental health trauma work. This book remains a key text in the field of systemic narrative training and practice. With clinical examples throughout, this practical book will be welcomed by family and systemic therapists and other professionals in the field of child, adolescent and family mental health.
- Author BiographyArlene Vetere is Professor of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice, VID Specialized University, Oslo, Norway, and Affiliate Professor, Department of Family Studies, University of Malta. She was formerly Professor of Clinical Psychology at Surrey University. Emilia Dowling is a chartered clinical psychologist and systemic family psychotherapist. Dowling worked at the Tavistock Clinic for many years, where she was head of Child Psychology and was involved in post graduate training, practice and research. She currently works in private practice, is a member of the Institute of Family Therapy and has been published widely.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byArlene Vetere,Emilia Dowling
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.