All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible and timely book builds upon and contributes to ongoing debates surrounding professionalism in the early years workforce. In a sector where policy is rapidly changing, Jayne Osgood challenges existing assumptions concerning professional identities and questions what broader lessons might be learnt about race, ethnicity, social class and gender in early years research and practice. This engaging text: * offers a thematic overview to the concept of professionalism in an increasingly critical area of study * includes unique autobiographical contributions alongside new and compelling empirical evidence * stimulates wider debates within a clear theoretical framework * provides an in-depth examination of the individual views of early years practitioners. Addressing new debates and policies from a focussed academic perspective, Narratives from the Nursery provides inspirational and enlightening reading for practitioners, researchers, policy makers and students.
- Author BiographyJayne Osgood is Reader in Early Childhood Education at London Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Jayne Osgood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.