All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNashvillians have a special appreciation and pride in both the low and high culture of their city-a mix of divey, soulful magic and invative new South that make this city great. It's a variety that shows up in the music, for sure, but also in the food. So just as Nashville attracts creative musicians of all types (who just might be filling your wine glass at dinner), Music City also has been drawing creative cuisines, too. The hot chicken and meat-and-threes live on with a strong legacy, but so do farm-to-table restaurants, celebrating the city's agrarian roots in new ways, as well as invative restaurants, heralding the new American South. With recipes for the home cook from over 50 of the city's most celebrated restaurants and showcasing over 200 full-color photos featuring mouth-watering dishes, famous chefs, and lots of local flavor, Nashville Chef's Table is the ultimate gift and keepsake cookbook for both tourists and locals alike.
- Author BiographyStephanie Stewart-Howard's is a journalist and author whose resume also includes work as an artist, actor, costume designer and researcher. She received her BA and MA from the Universities of Iowa and Nebraska (Omaha), respectively. After spending several years as managing editor and primary writer at Nashville Lifestyles magazine, she decided to leap into the book and freelance world. She has contributed to Nashville Arts, Cheers!, Sports Nashville, Volkswagen's Das Auto, NFocus, The Tennessean and many more publications. She writes regularly on matters of fashion, culinary topics, travel and the arts. Stephanie was born in Virginia and brought up worldwide thanks to her dad's career in the Air Force and corporate America. She now resides in an old farm house in Williamson County, Tennessee with her husband Seth (an IT professional and bladesmith) and their two cats. The couple is active in the medieval and ancient world living history movements, as well as a variety of arts and crafts. Ron Manville is a culinary/lifestyle photographer who has photographed sixty-six cookbooks that have garnered seventeen National and International awards, including four James Beards. He is a contributing photographer for Art Culinare, Grace Ormonde's Wedding Style magazine, Local Palate, Nashville Lifestyles, and many other publications. Ron was Team USA's photographer at two IKA Culinary Olympics competitions in Erfurt, Germany to highlight a long-term association with the American Culinary Federation. He is a co-founder of Buttermilk Trace, a writer-driven Southern Creative Consortium based in Nashville Tennessee. He is an RIT graduate, a US Navy veteran, and resides in Nashville with his wife Christine.
- Author(s)Stephanie Stewart-Howard
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleChef's Table
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographs byRon Manville
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.