All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work features beautiful paintings from the legendary Jon Langford - Punk rock's very own Leonardo. Musician Jon Langford (the Mekons) is also an acclaimed visual artist. Nashville Radio collects 215 of his stunning paintings, along with lyrics, autobiographical writings and a free CD in which Langford performs 18 of the songs included. Langford's art wrestles with the culture and politics of his adopted US home, invoking musical icons such as Hank Williams and Johnny Cash - and also marginal figures (blindfolded cowboys, astronauts, dancers) who are jerked around by the forces of success and exploitation, fame and neglect. It is a classic of political Americana.
- Author BiographyJon Langford is a British musician based in Chicago, who, along with Tom Greenhaigh, has piloted legendary punk rockers the Mekons through 17 years of tours, label changes and massive underground adulation. He is well known for his side projects (Waco Brothers, Pine Valley Cosmonauts, Three Johns) and has written and starred in performance art pieces. His paintings have toured art galleries worldwide.
- Author(s)Jon Langford
- PublisherPuncture Publications
- Date of Publication07/06/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVerse Chorus Press,U.S.
- Content Note215
- Weight769 g
- Width235 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Performance - spoken word)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.