Nashville Songwriter: The Inside Stories Behind Country Music's Greatest Hits by Jake Brown (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou've heard them on the radio, listened to them on repeat for days, and sang along at the top of your lungs--but have you ever wondered about the real stories behind all your favorite country songs? Nashville Songwriter gives readers the first completely authorized collection of the true stories that inspired hits by the biggest multi-platinum country superstars of the last half century--recounted by the songwriters themselves. Award-winning music biographer Jake Brown gives readers an unprecedented, intimate glimpse inside the world of country music songwriting. Featuring exclusive commentary from country superstars and chapter-length interviews with today's biggest hit-writers on Music Row, this book chronicles the stories behind smash hits such as: Willie Nelson's Always on My Mind Tim McGraw's Live Like You Were Dying, Southern Voice, and Real Good Man George Jones's Tennessee Whiskey Carrie Underwood's Jesus Take the Wheel and Cowboy Casava Brooks & Dunn's Ain't Nothing 'Bout You Lady Antebellum's We Owned the Night and Just a Kiss Brad Paisley's Mud on the Tires, We Danced, and I'm Still a Guy Luke Bryan's Play It Again, Crash My Party, and That's My Kind of Night The Oak Ridge Boys's American Made George Strait's Ocean Front Property and The Best Day, Rascal Flatts's Fast Cars and Freedom, and Take Me There Kenny Chesney's Living in Fast Forward and When the Sun Goes Down Ricochet's Daddy's Money Montgomery Gentry's If You Ever Stop Loving Me The Crickets's I Fought the Law Tom T. Hall's A Week in a County Jail and That Song Is Driving Me Crazy Trace Adkins's You're Gonna Miss This David Lee Murphy's Dust on the Bottle Jason Aldean's Big Green Tractor and Fly Over States And many more top country hits over the past 40 years!
- Author BiographyAward-winning Music biographer Jake Brown has written 35 published books in his decade-long career, featuring many authorized collaborations with some of rock's biggest artists, including 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Heart (with Ann and Nancy Wilson), living guitar legend Joe Satriani, heavy metal pioneers Motorhead (with Lemmy Kilmister), late hip hop icon Tupac Shakur (with the estate), late Funk pioneer Rick James, superstar country music anthology Nashville Songwriter, and the all-star rock producers anthology Behind the Boards, among many others. Brown has also appeared as the featured biographer of record on Fuse TV's Live Through This series and Bloomberg TV's Game Changers series. In 2012, Brown won the Association for Recorded Sound Collections Awards in the category of Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research.
- Author(s)Jake Brown
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Weight471 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.