All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNasty, Brutish, and Short is a collection of irreverent essays about life overseas. The author longer has to hold his tongue about his experiences-which means it's payback time. He w speaks his mind about all the strange people and places he has encountered around the world over the last twenty years. And he takes the reader on a funny and endearing jaunt to a dozen countries, from England to Egypt, and Afghanistan to Haiti, answering crucial questions like Why are Pakistani driving ranges so dangerous? And, How long can Bulgarians actually hold a grudge? Unlike other foreign travel books, the author isn't just passing through. He has lived in these dangerous and difficult places, often for years at a time. He kws their people, streets, and customs like the back of his hand. It was part of his job. Sometimes his life depended on it.
- Author BiographyTodd Millick was in the U.S. government for nearly twenty years. He studied medieval history at the University of Colorado and received a master's degree from Cambridge. He has also published a collection of poetry called Short and Sweet (Middle Island Press, 2016).
- Author(s)Todd Millick
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight258 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.