All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries! It's two o'clock in the morning when the telephone rings and Nate the Great learns that Rosamond's pillowcase is missing. She needs it w because her cat, Big Hex, likes to sleep on it. Outside it is damp, dark, and dreary, but a good (yawning) sleuth kws that the hunt must go on. Can Nate the Great find the missing piece of laundry before the sun comes up, and before his bedroom slippers wear out?
- Author BiographyBorn in Portland, Maine, in 1928, Marjorie Weinman Sharmat dreamed of becoming a writer. Little did she know that she would be the author of more than 70 books for children of all ages. Another of her childhood dreams, that of becoming a detective, has also been realized in her most popular Nate the Great series, begun in 1972. Many of Sharmat's books have been Literary Guild selections and chosen as Books of the Year by the Library of Congress. Several have been made into films for television, including Nate the Great Goes Undercover, winner of the Los Angeles International Children's Film Festival Award. Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden has been named one of the New York Public Library's 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing.
- Author(s)Marjorie Weinman Sharmat,Rosalind Weinman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight58 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marc Simont
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.