All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a giant wave destroys his entire Nation - his family and everyone he has ever kwn - Mau finds himself totally alone. Until he meets Daphne, daughter of a colonial Goverr and the sole survivor from a shipwreck. They have common language, common culture - but together they discover some remarkable things - like how to milk a pig and why spitting in beer is a good idea - and must try and forge a new kind of Nation. Then other survivors arrive to take refuge on the island, and t all of them are friendly...In Nation Pratchett brings us a vel that is both witty and wise, encompassing themes of death and nationhood, while also being extremely funny.
- Author BiographyTerry Pratchett was the acclaimed creator of the global bestselling Discworld series, the first of which, The Colour of Magic, was published in 1983. In all, he was the author of over fifty bestselling books. His novels have been widely adapted for stage and screen, and he was the winner of multiple prizes, including the Carnegie Medal, as well as being awarded a knighthood for services to literature. He died in March 2015.
- Author(s)Terry Pratchett
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight310 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.