National Audubon Society FGT Southeastern States Es by National Audubon Society, Peter Alden, States (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with concise descriptions and stunning photographs, the National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Southeastern States belongs in the home of every resident of the Southeast and in the suitcase or backpack of every visitor.This compact volume contains: An easy-to-use field guide for identifying 1,000 of the state's wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, mosses, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, butterflies, mammals, and much more; A complete overview of the southeastern region's natural history, covering geology, wildlife habitats, ecology, fossils, rocks and minerals, clouds and weather patterns, and the night sky; An extensive sampling of the area's best parks, preserves, hiking trails, forests, and wildlife sanctuaries, with detailed descriptions and visitor information for 50 sites and tes on dozens of others. The guide is packed with visual information -- the 1,500 full-color images include more than 1,300 photographs, 13 maps, and 16 night-sky charts, as well as more than 100 drawings explaining everything from geological processes to the basic features of different plants and animals. For everyone who lives or spends time in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee, there can be finer guide to the area's natural surroundings than the National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Southeastern States.
- Author BiographyPeter Alden, principal author of this series, is a birder, naturalist, author, and lecturer. He has led nature tours to more than 100 countries and is the author of books on North American, Latin American, and African wildlife. Peter organized an event called Biodiversity Day, the first of which took place in his hometown of Concord, Massachusetts. Gil Nelson, regional consultant and author of the habitats, flora, and parks and preserves sections of this guide, is a naturalist, writer, and educator who has contributed articles to many national and regional magazines. He lives in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Author(s)National Audubon Society,Peter Alden,States
- PublisherKnopf Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/09/1999
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width106 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $32.62New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.50Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.25Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.