National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Rocky Mountain States: Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado by National Audubon Society (Paperback / softback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.41+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with concise descriptions and stunning photographs, the National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Rocky Mountain States belongs in the home of every Rocky Mountainresident and in the suitcase or backpack of every visitor.This compact volume contains: An easy-to-use field guide for identifying 1,000 of the state's wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, mosses, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, butterflies, mammals, and much more; A complete overview of the Rocky Mountain region's natural history, covering geology, wildlife habitats, ecology, fossils, rocks and minerals, clouds and weather patterns, and the night sky; An extensive sampling of the area's best parks, preserves, mountains, forests, and wildlife sanctuaries, with detailed descriptions and visitor information for 50 sites and tes on dozens of others. The guide is packed with visual information -- the 1,500 full-color images include more than 1,300 photographs, 11 maps, and 16 night-sky charts, as well as more than 100 drawings explaining everything from geological processes to the basic features of different plants and animals. For everyone who lives or spends time in Colorado, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming, there can be finer guide to the area's natural surroundings than the National Audubon Society Field Guide to the Rocky Mountain States.
- Author BiographyPeter Alden, principal author of this series, is a birder, naturalist, author, and lecturer. He has led nature tours to more than 100 countries for the Massachusetts Audubon Society, Lindblad Travel, Friends of the Harvard Musum of Natural History, and cruises on all the world's oceans. Author of books on North American, Latin American, and African wildlife, Peter organized an event called Biodiversity Day in his hometown of Concord, Massachusetts. John Grassy, author of the habitats, conservation and ecology, and parks and preserves section of this guide, is an educator, conservationist, and writer. He lives with his family in Three Forks, Montana.
- Author(s)National Audubon Society
- PublisherKnopf Publishing Group
- Date of Publication23/03/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Series TitleNational Audubon Society Regional Field Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnopf Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width104 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.