All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe digital divide is a term that has been used to characterise a gap between information haves and have-ts , or in other words, between those Americans who use or have access to telecommunications and information techlogies and those who do t. One important subset of the digital divide debate concerns high-speed Internet access and advanced telecommunications services, also kwn as broadband. Today, Americans turn to broadband Internet access service for every facet of daily life, from finding a job to finding a doctor, from connecting with family to making new friends, from becoming educated to being entertained. The availability of sufficient broadband capability can erase the distance to high-quality health care and education, bring the world into homes and schools, drive American ecomic growth, and improve the nation's global competitiveness. New techlogies and services such as real-time distance learning, telemedicine, and higher quality video services are being offered in the market today and are pushing demand for higher broadband speeds. This book discusses progress and issues of national broadband deployment and the digital divide.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight426 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited bySylvia Vargas
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.