All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis issue explores approaches that develop effective connections between political activity at the local level with ongoing national debates. Contributors examine how forums for public deliberation can become effective tools to engage more citizens in the dialogue surrounding community decision-making processes. The essential role foundations can play in broadening the reach and deepening the impact of national democratic discourse is also detailed. Proposed models for cooperation between the nprofit sector and the commercial media demonstrate the importance of accurate and reliable information and an informed citizenry. Recent reforms in instant ruff voting and the growing impact of money on state-level campaigns and elections are reviewed for their ability to widen public participation in the democratic process.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2002
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight157 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byRobert Loper
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.