All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith increased ecomic competition among industrial countries, the need for rapid ecomic development in less developed countries, and the collapse of centrally planned regimes in Eastern Europe, concern for ecomic policies has moved to the forefront of most nations' agendas. This reference handbook offers and overview of ecomic policies in the world's most important countries and regions, examining the different mix of methods and tools these governments use to achieve their ecomic goals. The aim of the volume is to identify and compare the various policies and instruments used by the different countries, as well as the results that have been obtained. The work begins with a brief introduction to national ecomic policies, written by editor Dominick Salvatore. Separate chapters then focus on each of the major countries--the United States, Japan, India, the Soviet Union, and China--and on several homogeneous groupings of countries, such as the European Ecomic Community, Latin America, Africa, and Eastern Europe. Ecomic policies of the past decade and the important changes that have taken place in that period are explained--as well as prospects for the future. Among the major issues discussed are fiscal policies, monetary policies, industrial policies, trade and exchange rate policies, and environmental policies. By considering these various approaches from country to country and by examining the instruments utilized and the outcomes adopted, the book presents a unique comparative study of ecomic systems. This work will be especially useful to professional ecomists and policy makers, as well as to students in international ecomics.
- Author BiographyDOMINICK SALVATORE is Professor of Economics at Fordham University, a consultant to the United Nations, and the editor of the Greenwood Press series Handbooks of Comparative Economic Policies. He is also the author of more than 20 books, including World Population Trends and Their Impact on Economic Development (Greenwood, 1988). Professor Salvatore is also the editor of the forthcoming handbook National Trade Policies (Greenwood, January 1992).
- Author(s)Dominick Salvatore
- Date of Publication30/11/1991
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleHandbook of Comparative Economic Policies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight752 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.