All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWhat determines voting behaviour in Turkey? At a time when the center-right, religious-conservative leadership of the Justice and Development Party has dominated government and the political scene in Turkey-so much so that the democratic credentials of the regime have come into question-many have sought to understand what undergirds this party's success at the polls. While many scholars have argued that elections in Turkey over time can be effectively and simply explained by static social or cultural cleavages, Wuthrich challenges these assertions with a framework that carefully attends to patterns of strategic vote-getting behavior in elections by political parties and their leaders. Using the campaign speeches of the political elite, election data at national and provincial levels, and careful observations of voter mobilization strategies across time, Wuthrich traces four distinct patterns that explain important shifts in electoral behaviour. He covers the first free and fair multiparty election in 1950 and follows campaign strategies through 2011, highlighting and explaining the potential development of a new and more problematic paradigm emerging in the post-2007 environment.
- Author BiographyF. Michael Wuthrich is assistant director of the Center for Global and International Studies at the University of Kansas, USA.
- Author(s)F. Michael Wuthrich
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleModern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Note14 black and white illustrations, 26 tables
- Weight621 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.