National Gem Collection: Smithsonian Institution by Jeffrey E. Post (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a perfect mineral crystal has been cut and polished into a form of great beauty by a skilled craftsperson, it is called a gem. Gems are among the most charismatic objects in the history of the world, and are probably more valuable per volume than any other artifacts from or on the earth. In this book, Dr. Jeffrey E. Post, curator of the National Gem and Mineral Collection, surveys the world of gems, discussing diamonds, corundum gems (rubies and sapphires), beryl gems (such as emeralds), quartz gems, garnets, topaz, tourmaline, peridots, zircons, spinels, chrysoberyl, spodumene, tanzanite, feldspar gems, opals, starts and cat's eyes, ornamental stones (such as jade, lapis lazuli, and turquoise), and rare and unusual gems, as well as the collection's historical jewels. Chip Clark, the museum's senior staff photographer, captures the colours and brilliance of hundreds of gems.
- Author BiographyDr. Jeffrey Edward Post (PhD) has held numerous academic and museum posts in the gem field. His areas of research interest include mineralogy, gemmology, geochemistry, crystallography, and electron microscopy. He has published numerous scientific articles in these fields.
- Author(s)Jeffrey E. Post
- Date of Publication05/08/2005
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Notecolour 124 / bw 15 / tt 139 illustrations, colour / bw / tt photographs
- Weight820 g
- Width262 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.