National Geographic Almanac of World History by Patricia S Daniels, Stephen G Hyslop (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the first civilizations to the 21st century, this wide-ranging, compulsively readable book encompasses all of world history--great ages and monumental events; the rise and fall of cultures; names, dates, and statistics, and stories galore. Designed as an authoritative reference that's also irresistible to browse, it's a brilliant blend of narrative, analysis, detailed facts, and visual variety including sidebars, time lines, and more than 200 maps and illustrations. The book offers four revealing ways to look at the human epic. In Milestones, 12 essays address key developments from agriculture to writing, globalization, and the revolution in communications that is changing the world and other important themes; next, Major Eras takes a chrological approach, examining 11 eras from prehistory to the present. World at a Glance traces specific subjects through the centuries, with entries on Wars, Religions, Human Accomplishments, Leaders, Artists, and more. An expansive appendix, listing presidents, popes, and other world figures, as well as a biography, a glossary, and index, round out this amazing reference. A book that meets the most demanding standards of accuracy and graphic excellence, this is an indispensable tool for students and an illuminating, engrossing exploration for anyone interested in the who, what, when, where and why of world history.
- Author BiographyPatricia S. Daniels has written and edited books on history, science, and geography for both children and adults. She lives in State College, Pennsylvania. Stephen G. Hyslop's many books include Great Empires, Eyewitness to the Civil War, and Bound for Santa Fe: The Road to New Mexico and the Ameri- can Conquest, 1806-1848 and Chroniclers of Indian Life.
- Author(s)Patricia S Daniels,Stephen G Hyslop
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight912 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Foreword byProfessor Douglas Brinkley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.