All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the heart of National Geographic comes this expansive guide to the clans, tribes, ethnicities and peoples of the world. Organized in keeping with our kwledge of the migration of human groups through history, with statistics and cultural portrait of each ethnic group, the book becomes a fascinating round-the-world tour of customs and traditions plus a go-to source for background information to round out one's own family history. Maps, photographs and traditional sayings enhance the accounts of many of the most important and interesting cultures in the world today.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE HERBERT HOWELL, a former National Geographic staff member, has written extensively on natural history. She explored the relationships between people and plants in Flora Mirabilis: How Plants Have Shaped World Knowledge, Health, Wealth, and Beauty and covered the importance of birds in culture in the National Geographic Bird Watcher's Bible. Howell serves as a master naturalist volunteer in Arlington, Virginia. JARED TRAVNICEK is medical illustrator with an MA in Medical and Biological illustration from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is based in Indianapolis, IN, where he works as a neurosurgical illustrator.
- Author(s)Catherine Herbert Howell,David Harrison
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width247 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction bySpencer Wells
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.