National Geographic Traveler: Berlin, 2nd Edition by Damien Simonis (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGermany's premier city, Berlin, is one of the fastest growing and intriguing in Europe. This guidebook, written by experienced travel writer Damien Simonis, expertly guides you through the varied land- and cityscapes that are today's Berlin. Illustrated with more than 120 vivid, up-to-date photographs and nearly 20 detailed, full-color maps, this second edition gives you every tool you need to plan a trip to the center of the new Europe. In addition, an Excursions chapter steers you to the best day trips out of the city. Special features give comprehensive information on many diverse topics such as the story of the Berlin Wall; the city's Jewish community; and a look at Berlin's famous Christmas markets. The book also presents mapped, guided walks and tours through some of the city's most fascinating areas, including a walk through Red Berlin and a drive through the Mecklenburg lake district. Experiential sidebars--such as reliving the feel of pre-war Berlin at a silent-movie theater or visiting the city's famed museums when they're open all night--show you details on how to immerse yourself in Berlin's culture. In addition, a thorough Travelwise section provides recommendations for hotels and restaurants in all price ranges and in all areas.
- Author BiographyDAMIEN SIMONIS, born and bred in Sydney, Australia, has had a little trouble settling down since he took a one-way flight to Cairo in 1989. In his baggage was a BA in modern languages from Melbourne University and seven years experience as a reporter and copy editor on some of Australia's leading dailies, including the Australian, The Age, and the West Australian. Since landing in the Egyptian capital, Damien has lived, studied, and worked all over Europe and the Middle East. In 1992 he started writing guidebooks and travel articles for publications in Australia, the UK, and North America, and he hasn't stopped since. His wanderings have taken him from Ukraine to the Sudan, from Syria to Morocco, from the Alps to the Straits of Gibraltar. On his two greatest passions, Spain and Italy, he has written extensively. He currently divides his time between London, Barcelona, and the road.
- Author(s)Damien Simonis
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication03/03/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note105 colour photos, 14 maps, 3 illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Pierre Adenis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.