All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures include a driving tour of Los Angeles' funky architecture and walking tours of historic San Francisco, as well as cut-away drawings of Alcatraz and the sea-creature-filled tide pools. Extensive background information provides important cultural and historical context to this multi-faceted state. Completely updated and revised, with brand-new photographs, the 4th edition includes new experiential sidebars, insider tips from National Geographic experts and others, as well as a useful charting your trip section that helps you plot your upcoming trip to the Golden State.
- Author BiographyGREG CRITSER is a leading journalist on health and obesity whose work has appeared in Harper's, The Washington Post Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Washington Monthly, The New Yorker, and Worth, where he was responsible for the magazine's first National Magazine Award nomination in public interest journalism. His highly acclaimed book, Fat Land: How Americans Became the Fattest People in the World, was published in 2003. The author lives in Pasadena, California.
- Author(s)Greg Critser
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication04/02/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note250 Colour Photographs, 29 Maps, 5 Illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Photographer(s)Gilles Mingasson
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.