Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this completely updated and revised guide to Vietnam, James Sullivan's enthusiasm for his adopted country is clear in his coverage of all of major sites, along with some lesser kwn surprises as well. The book begins in the ancient capital of Hai, moving on to surrounding sites including fabled Ha Long Bay and hilltribe villages tucked away in the jungle-covered mountains; North-Central Vietnam, including visits to Vietnamese tunnels related to the Vietnam War; the ancient cities of Hue and Hoi An; the Southern Central Highlands, featuring wildlife-filled Cat Tien National Park; bustling Ho Chi Minh City; and the vast Mekong Delta. Several in-depth features delve deeper into Vietnam's history and culture, including discussions on the hilltribes and the life of the boatpeople in the Mekong Delta; and self-guided walks and drives take you, for example, through Hai's picturesque Old Quarter and along the cliffside beauty between Hue and Danang. You'll also find lists of Not-To-Be-Missed Sites; experiential sidebars that guide you to get to kw Vietnam more intimately, including where to see water puppets, train trips to Trai Mat, and the new in beaches to visit; and a hefty Travelwise section offers hand-picked hotels and restaurants. Aimed at active travelers who want authentic, enriching, cultural experiences and expert advice from a trustworthy source, National Geographic Travelers provide ways for people to experience a place rather than just visit, and give the true feel of each destination t easily found online.
- Author BiographyArmed with a graduate degree from the Iowa Writer's Workshop, JAMES SULLIVAN headed to Vietnam in 1993 to bike across the country. Along the way, he learned the language, became entranced with Vietnam's history and culture, and met his future wife. He lived in her hometown, Hue, for a year and told the story in his novel, Over the Moat: Love Among the Ruins of Imperial Vietnam, published in 2004. He has returned to Vietnam many times since, and he is currently living in Hue with his wife and two children, where they are refurbishing an ancient house. His travel stories have appeared in National Geographic Traveler, the New York Times, Golf Digest, Bicycling, Golf & Travel, and two Scholastic publications. British-born RON EMMONS updated and wrote new features for the 2010 edition of this guide. Now living in Chang Mai, North Thailand, Ron is the author and photographer of several books, including Portrait of Thailand and Walks along the Thames Path. His feature stories on travel, culture, nature, Buddhism, and photography appear regularly in a range of international publications. KRIS LEBOUTILLIER has photographed assignments for National Geographic Traveler, including stories about Tasmania, Singapore, Rajasthan, and Vietnam. He is the author and photographer of Journey Through Phnom Penh and Journey Through Ho Chi Minh City, both published by Marshall Cavendish. Represented by Getty Images, LeBoutilllier has worked for such diverse clients as Forbes Asia, Smithsonian, Spa Magazine, and the Discovery Channel.
- Author(s)James Sullivan
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note120 colour photographs, 15 maps
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Kris LeBoutillier
- Revised byKris LeBoutillier
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $22.40New
- AU $14.93New
- AU $14.05New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.50
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.82
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.32
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.