All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over 50 years, the mission of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) has been to conduct and support basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and prevent infectious, immulogic, and allergic diseases with the ultimate goal of improving the health of individuals in the United States and around the world. As part of its mission to foster biomedical discovery and to reduce the burden of human disease, NIAID is committed to encouraging the accelerated translation of biomedical discoveries into effective clinical care and public health practice throughout the world. In pursuit of this goal and its disease-specific scientific objectives, NIAID seeks to broaden research opportunities and collaborations involving scientists and institutions outside the United States. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH: Volume 1, Frontiers in Research contains presentations given at the 2006 NIAID Research Conference held in Opatija, Croatia which brought internationally kwn researchers from the United States and Central and Eastern Europe to focus together on shared interests in microbiology, infectious disease, HIV/AIDS, and basic and clinical immulogy. Some of the topics covered include emerging and re-emerging infections, the development of infectious disease prophylactics and therapeutics, drug resistance, and various topics in immumodulation, autoimmunity, infections and immunity, and the development of vaccines. Extensive and in-depth, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH: Volume 1, Frontiers in Research is a valuable, comprehensive guide to the state of research today.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleInfectious Disease
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 92 colour illustrations, 70 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1335 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn J. McGowan,Karl A. Western,Vassil St. Georgiev
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.