All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegional integration is gathering momentum in Asia. This study examines the diverse experience of regional integration of South and East Asian ecomies during the last two decades and offers lessons for latecomers. The global ecomic crisis is expected to merely dampen rather than halt the pace of Asian integration. Global recovery will give renewed impetus to Asian integration. East and South Asia include the world's largest and most dynamic open ecomies alongside several least developed countries. Using a set of country cases based on a similar framework, the study addresses an important policy question: how can each country's integration with its neighbors and more distant regional ecomies be improved? Of the eight country studies, five are from South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka) and three are from East Asia (the People's Republic of China, Thailand, and Singapore). The country cases-which differ by per capita income, country size and location-provide fascinating insights on the relationship between regional ecomic performance and strategies for regional integration at the country level.
- Author BiographyJoseph Francois is Professor of Economics at Johannes Kepler Universitat, Linz. Pradumna B. Rana is a Senior Fellow at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Ganeshan Wignaraja is Principal Economist at the Asian Development Bank, Philippines.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Anthem-Asian Development Bank Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note100+ tables and figures
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byGanesh Wignaraja,Joseph Francois,Pradumna B. Rana
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.