All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last two decades, large-scale national, or provincial, standardised testing has become prominent in the schools of many countries around the globe. National Testing in Schools: An Australian Assessment draws on research to consider the nature of national testing and its multiple effects, including: * media responses and constructions such as league tables of performance * pressures within school systems and on schools * effects on the work and identities of principals and teachers * and impacts on the experience of schooling for many young people, including those least advantaged. Using Australia as the case site for global concerns regarding national testing, this book will be an invaluable companion for education researchers, teacher educators, teacher education students and teachers globally.
- Author BiographyBob Lingard is a Professorial Research Fellow in the School of Education at The University of Queensland, Australia. Greg Thompson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at Murdoch University, Australia. Sam Sellar is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Education at The University of Queensland, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLocal/Global Issues in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight360 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBob Lingard,Greg Thompson,Sam Sellar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.