National Theatre Connections 2015: Plays for Young People: Drama, Baby; Hood; The Boy Preference; The Edelweiss Pirates; Follow, Follow; The Accordion Shop; Hacktivists; Hospital Food; Remote; The Crazy Sexy Cool Girls' Fan Club: 2015 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (Paperback, 2015)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing together the work of ten leading playwrights - a mixture of established and emerging writers - this National Theatre Connections anthology is published to coincide with the 2015 festival, which takes place across the UK and Ireland, finishing up at the National Theatre in London. The programme offers young performers between the ages of thirteen and nineteen everywhere an engaging selection of plays to perform, read or study. Each play is specifically commissioned by the National Theatre's literary department with the young performer in mind. The plays are performed by approximately 200 schools and youth theatre companies across the UK and Ireland, in partnership with multiple professional regional theatres where the works are showcased. The anthology contains all ten of the play scripts, and tes from the writer and director of each play, addressing the themes and ideas behind the play, as well as production tes and exercises. The National Theatre Connections series has been running for twenty years and the anthology that accompanies it, published for the last five years by Methuen Drama, is gaining a greater profile by the year. This year's anthology includes plays by Jamie Brittain, Katherine Chandler, Elir Cook, Ayub Khan Din, Katie Douglas, Cush Jumbo, Ben Ockrent, Eugene O'Hare, Stef Smith and Sarah Solemani.
- Author BiographyAnthony Banks is Associate Director for the National Theatre Discover Programme, where he commissions scripts for the Connections seasons, the Primary Theatre programme and Shakespeare Schools Festival, and curates a variety of projects and events for lifelong learning.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight515 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Introduction byAnthony Banks
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.