All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is one that horse lovers of every age cant fail to enjoy. The New York Times Humorous, charming, National Velvet is a little masterpiece. Time Put on your t-to-be-missed list. The New YorkerA butcher's daughter in a small Sussex town ends her nightly prayers with Oh, God, give me horses, give me horses! Let me be the best rider in England! The answer to 14-year-old Velvet Brown's plea materializes in the form of an unwanted piebald, raffled off in a village lottery, who turns out to be adept at jumping fences exactly the sort of horse that could win the world's most famous steeplechase, the Grand National.Richly atmospheric of rural life in England between the World Wars, National Velvet has enchanted generations of readers since its 1935 debut. The heroine's grit and determination, backed by the support of her eccentric and loving family, offer an inspiring example of the struggles and rewards of following a dream.
- Author BiographyEnid Bagnold (1889 1981) is best known for National Velvet and her play, The Chalk Garden.
- Author(s)Enid Bagnold
- PublisherDover Publications
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDover Children's Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications
- Weight290 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.