Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionBritannia - towering female with helmet and spear, symbol of the British Isles - has been one of history's most enduring icons. But who is she? Whom does she represent? Who are the British? The Scots, Welsh and Irish, t to mention the English, have been asking themselves these questions for hundreds of years. Their answers have played themselves out in the political and cultural fields at the highest levels and shaped the histories of all these regions that, together, are kwn as Britain. David Powell charts the political evolution of the United Kingdom from the Act of Union between Great Britain and Ireland passed in 1800 to the late-20th century debates over devolution to Scotland and Wales, the future of Northern Ireland and Britain's membership of the EU.
- Author BiographyDavid Powell is a lecturer in history at Ripon & York College, University of Leeds.
- Author(s)David Powell
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication23/08/2002
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleFoundations of Britain S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.