All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide to the Native Americans of the Southwest is a concise but comprehensive introduction that gives readers a sound anthropological and historical background to the area and fosters an appreciation of the Native American peoples who continue to make the Southwest their home. The authors offer individual sections on the main prehistoric and contemporary peoples of the region, describing their ways of life, their art, and their cultural monuments.For those eager to see at least some of these cultural monuments and to learn about Native American cultures from the many museums that dot the region, this book offers a guide to the most memorable sites in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. In addition, the authors provide a comprehensive list of museums and a calendar of tribal events that are open to interested visitors: rodeos, fairs, dances, and festivals. Maps are also included to assist the visitor in locating the sites discussed in the book.
- Author BiographyZdenek Salzmann, a native of Prague, is professor emeritus of anthropology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst . A specialist in Native American languages and folklore, he has held guest professorships at Yale University and the University of Freiburg in Germany. He has been visiting professor at several universities in the Czech Republic. At present, he is adjunct professor at Northern Arizona University . With his wife, Joy, he is the author of Native Americans of the Southwest (Westview Press, 1997). Joy M. Salzmann has collaborated with her husband, Zdenek Salzmann, on many publications. The Salzmanns live in the beauty of the red rock country in Sedona, Arizona.
- Author(s)Joy M. Salzmann,Zdenek Salzmann
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/03/1997
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight219 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.