Native Trees for North American Landscapes: From the Atlantic to the Rockies by James W. Wilson, Guy Sternberg (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany common native trees are just as beautiful as cultivated exotics. Since they have evolved with local conditions and are well adapted to their climate, they often require less maintenance and won't escape to invade a balanced ecosystem. The authors' extensive horticultural kwledge is distilled in this comprehensive cross section of trees native to North America, from the Atlantic to the Rockies and from rthern Canada to the Gulf Coast. The main section of the book is divided into tree profiles, each describing flowers and fruit, native and adaptive range, culture, and problems. The authors also list the best seasonal features - whether a tree has striking bark in winter, for example, or bright fruit in fall. In all, more than 650 species and varieties, and more than 500 cultivars, are discussed.
- Author BiographyGuy Sternberg is an arborist, tree consultant, writer, lecturer, and photographer from Illinois. A cultivator and studier of trees since 1952, Guy currently maintains his own research arboretum, Starhill Forest, with his wife, Edie, where they grow more than 500 taxa of woody plants. Guy served on the staff of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for thirty-two years and received the Honor Award for outstanding service. He was the first president of the International Oak Society and is a life member of the International Dendrology Society, the International Society of Arboriculture, and American Forests. A frequent lecturer for horticultural and natural resource organizations, Guy works for the preservation of historical trees and as a tree consultant for the city of Springfield, Illinois. He has provided magazine articles and photographs for publications American Nurseryman, Arborist News, Garden Gate, American Horticulturist, American Gardener, and Fine Gardening. Guy holds the official oak genus Quercus living reference collection for North America, recognized by the North American Plant Preservation Council.
- PrizesWinner of National Arbor Day Media Award 2005 and Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries Annual Literature Award: General Interest 2005.
- Author(s)Guy Sternberg,James W. Wilson
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2004
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Out-of-print date08/11/2010
- Content Note513 color photos, 96 line drawings, 1 map
- Weight2306 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine42 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.