Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhen you are far away from home--but live in southeastern Michigan, the population bedrock of the state--and if asked, Where're you from? You'd say, Detroit. In these five stories there is revealed a Detroit outsiders may t kw about, or do kw, but do t care to ackwledge, because what is exposed hits so close to home, wherever home might be...Natives of Detroit are people just like the rest of us, but, in here, between the pages of this work, the natives are restless and are given reign to exorcise their demons. Like the three neighborhood friends (Larry, Cliff and Kevin) in Moral Dilemma--they are forced to answer the question, Is rape worse than death? In Pride's Bouquet, Mrs. Joy Hartley experiences, firsthand...the odorous condition stubborn pride can bring about. She decides her husband, John, should wear a diaper, because, there are 'loincloths' at any drugstore...or anywhere else for that matter! And so it goes. In the story, Mountain out of a Molehill, Chris Stiegel takes the growth on his little finger and turns the wart-thingy into a mountain. And, whereas Theresa, in the story, Theresa and the Court, is of the opinion that the court leadership can go to hell, and goes about doing her job in her own way, in order to survive the streets where her job, as a probation officer, ultimately takes place...yet she feels powerless against the cancer growing inside her body. And then there is Jacqui, in the story, Discovery. No longer a victim of bullying, she travels to Peru, in South America, and discovers a bully of her own design.
- Author(s)G Louis Jackson
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.