Natural Awareness: Guided Meditations and Teachings for Welcoming All Experience by Pema Chodron (CD-Audio, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReturn to Your True Home: The Realm of Natural AwarenessAs a child, did you ever sit under a favorite tree, immersed in the wonder of a single, precious leaf? As our days grow more complex, teaches Pema Chodron, these vibrant and wholehearted moments may begin to elude even seasoned meditators. But it doesn't have to be that way. With Natural Awareness, this celebrated teacher guides us through Buddhism s Four Foundations of Mindfulness to bring us to a surprising destination: the effortless state of presence kwn as n-meditation. It's a journey back to the unabashed presence and delight of the Child Mind that lies within all of us. Along the way, you'll learn how to: Work with the body, emotions, thoughts, and sense perceptions as your objects of focusTune in to your natural cycles of attention and effortless n-meditation awarenessEmbrace the inevitable meditator s struggle kt (it means that your practice is working!)Open a heartful space with others to listen, speak, and connect more authenticallyMaster a wealth of Ani Pema's favorite practices for riding life s emotional storms We've been training our minds for a lifetime to flee to escape to anywhere but here. With this encouraging new offering, Pema Chodron shows us how to stop running and come home to the abiding freedom waiting for us right here, right w.
- Author BiographyPema ChodronAni Pema Chodron was born Deirdre Blomfield-Brown in 1936, in New York City. She attended Miss Porter's School in Connecticut and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught as an elementary school teacher for many years in both New Mexico and California. Pema has two children and three grandchildren.While in her mid-thirties, Ani Pema traveled to the French Alps and encountered Lama Chime Rinpoche, with whom she studied for several years. She became a novice nun in 1974 while studying with Lama Chime in London. His Holiness the Sixteenth Karmapa came to Scotland at that time, and Ani Pema received her ordination from him.Pema first met her root guru, Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, in 1972. Lama Chime encouraged her to work with Rinpoche, and it was with him that she ultimately made her most profound connection, studying with him from 1974 until his death in 1987. At the request of the Sixteenth Karmapa, she received the full bikshuni ordination in the Chinese lineage of Buddhism in 1981 in Hong Kong.Ani Pema served as the director of Karma Dzong in Boulder, Colorado until moving in 1984 to rural Cape Breton, Nova Scotia to be the director of Gampo Abbey. Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche gave her explicit instructions on establishing this monastery for western monks and nuns.Ani Pema currently teaches in the United States and Canada and plans for an increased amount of time in solitary retreat under the guidance of Venerable Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche. She is also a student of Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, the oldest son and lineage holder of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche.Ani Pema is interested in helping establish Tibetan Buddhist monasticism in the West, as well as continuing her work with western Buddhists of all traditions, sharing ideas and teachings. Her non-profit, The Pema Chodron Foundation, was set up to assist in this purpose.She has written several books: The Wisdom of No Escape, Start Where You Are, When Things Fall Apart, The Places that Scare You, No Time To Lose, Practicing Peace in Times of War, How to Meditate, and Living Beautifully. All are available from Shambhala Publications and Sounds True.
- Author(s)Pema Chodron
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight113 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.