Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by 33_rpm
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere so many rock biographies tell the same story, Jack Johnson is a true exception. Hawaii's own Grammy-minated musician was carving out a growing reputation as a professional surfer when an accident left him too injured to compete at the highest level. Johnson switched to making surf movies but gradually found his voice as a singer-songwriter. Initially a cult amongst surfers, he has w crossed over to the mainstream, acclaimed as a 'Dylan for the 21st Century', his third album, 2005's In Between Dreams , sold 800,000 copies in the UK alone and he has just picked up a BRIT award for International Breakthrough Act. Acclaimed George Harrison biographer Marc Shapiro has conducted hours of new interviews with those who knew Johnson both as a surfer and a musician, to produce a compelling portrait of one of rock's most original new stars.
- Author BiographyShapiro is the author of over a dozen non-fiction books about the film, television and music industries, including biographies of James Cameron, Lauryn Hill and recent bestseller Behind Sad Eyes: The Life of George Harrison. He also writes for the New York Times.
- Author(s)Marc Shapiro
- PublisherHelter Skelter Publishing
- Date of Publication13/12/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelter Skelter Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.