All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionWhere so many rock biographies tell the same story, Jack Johnson is a true exception. Hawaii's own Grammy-minated musician was carving out a growing reputation as a professional surfer when an accident left him too injured to compete at the highest level. Johnson switched to making surf movies but gradually found his voice as a singer-songwriter. Initially a cult amongst surfers, he has w crossed over to the mainstream, acclaimed as a 'Dylan for the 21st Century', his third album, 2005's In Between Dreams , sold 800,000 copies in the UK alone and he has just picked up a BRIT award for International Breakthrough Act. Acclaimed George Harrison biographer Marc Shapiro has conducted hours of new interviews with those who knew Johnson both as a surfer and a musician, to produce a compelling portrait of one of rock's most original new stars.
- Author BiographyShapiro is the author of over a dozen non-fiction books about the film, television and music industries, including biographies of James Cameron, Lauryn Hill and recent bestseller Behind Sad Eyes: The Life of George Harrison. He also writes for the New York Times.
- Author(s)Marc Shapiro
- PublisherHelter Skelter Publishing
- Date of Publication13/12/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHelter Skelter Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.