All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNatural Enemies: An Introduction to Biological Control gives a thorough grounding in the biological control of arthropods, vertebrates, weeds and plant pathogens through use of natural enemies. The book is intended for students, professionals, and others wishing to learn the basics of biological control. Ann Hajek discusses the reasons why biological control is used, describes different use strategies and associated safety issues, as well as how best to integrate biological control with other types of pest management. She goes on to describe the basic biology of the different types of natural enemies, and gives examples of successful biological control programs. Throughout this book, the ecological relationships that make control possible are emphasised, and the major strategies for the use of different types of natural enemies detailed, with discussions of the specific conditions under which each strategy is successful in controlling pests.
- Author BiographyANN HAJEK is Associate Professor in the Department of Entomology at Cornell University.
- Author(s)Ann E. Hajek
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note127 b/w illus.
- Weight1035 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.