All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionBodyweight exercise has long been the primary component of the daily training of some of the fittest people on Earth, including military forces, martial artists, and gymnasts. There is doubt about the benefits you can enjoy from bodyweight exercise and calisthenics, but the important thing is to approach them in the right way--otherwise, you could end up frustrated with exercises that seem too hard, too easy, or for whatever reason just don't seem to be working. Natural Exercise will teach you over a dozen time-tested exercises--some you've seen before, and some you probably haven't. These exercises are everything you need for an effective, full-body workout that will get you as strong and fit as you could want to be. Just as importantly, it goes beyond that to teach you about monitoring joint health, executing proper breathing during exercise, and basic nutritional advice so that your body will get what it needs to perform and develop at an optimal level. You'll also learn in detail about scheduling because, after all, kwing how to do an exercise is t very helpful if you don't also kw how often to do it, and for how long. This section will help you to develop an understanding of how many reps and sets you should do of a given exercise to get the maximum benefit for your personal situation. You can choose from sample schedules that are provided, or you can learn to build your own schedule to fit your lifestyle. One thing is certain--you need to exercise to stay healthy and become strong. Bodyweight exercise is a great way to stay fit, because you can do it wherever you are--at home or on the road, with gym membership required. Natural Exercise goes beyond teaching the exercises to give you an understanding of how to develop your body intelligently, with maximum results and minimal risk of injury. If you want to follow the best bodyweight training program you can, avoid the trial and error and frustrating plateaus. Natural Exercise will give you all the kwledge you need to start developing a stronger, fitter body today.
- Author BiographyPatrick Barrett has been interested in exercise ever since he started to lift weights with his dad and older brothers as a kid. He participated in a half-dozen organized sports (most notably inline hockey and high school wrestling) until a neck injury during a wrestling match in his junior year prevented him from playing further in any contact sports. After the injury, he developed an interest in pursuing strength and balance, particularly through bodyweight and self-taught gymnastic-type exercises. Patrick has always loved both cooking and eating food. Unsatisfied with the confusing and often contradictory nutritional advice offered by mainstream sources, Patrick searched for another way to understand human nutrition that was logical, consistent, and effective. His books on food and nutrition reflect this 'cleaner, ' more intuitive and useful understanding of food and how it impacts our health. Patrick hopes that his books will save his audience time and aggravation by finally offering practical ways to achieve their nutrition and fitness goals.
- Author(s)Patrick Barrett
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.