Natural Gardening the Traditional Way: Timeless Techniques for the Ecological Gardener by Nigel Colborn (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by coochiecool
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Production Garden: discover the joys of creating a kitchen garden using traditional plants and planting methods. The Ornamental Garden: creating and maintaining a garden of filled with the colour and sent of old fashioned plants. The Working Garden: gardening the natural way with the tools, equipment, propagating and cultivation methods that have stood the test of time. This timeless book revises the rich gardening heritage with an irresistible combination of practical guidance on tried and tested gardening practice and history. It covers everything from natural horticultural methods of propagation, fertilization of the soil, care and cultivation, to period garden design and layout. Kitchen and ornamental gardening are both covered, and there is a detailed section on choosing and planting many of the old-fashioned fruit and vegetable species that are often more beautiful, tastier or more disease resistant than modern varieties. Packed with information and practical advice, this is an invaluable guide to traditional gardening techniques and an absorbing reference source and for all those wishing to garden the natural way.
- Author BiographyNigel Colborn is a journalist, writer and broadcaster on gardening and horticultural subjects, and is a major contributor to the gardening and rural press. In 1989 BBC Television invited him to join the Gardeners' World team, since when he has appeared on a regular basis, waxing lyrical about his favourite flowers or wrestling with wayward plants. Nigel Colborn is the author of The Classic Horticulturist (with Ursula Buchan), This Gardening Business, Leisurely Gardening, Exposed Gardens and The Container Garden.
- Author(s)Nigel Colborn
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note280 Photographs and Illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jacqui Hurst
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.