All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this work is threefold: First it should be a mographical work on natural bundles and natural op- erators in differential geometry. This is a field which every differential geometer has met several times, but which is t treated in detail in one place. Let us explain a little, what we mean by naturality. Exterior derivative commutes with the pullback of differential forms. In the background of this statement are the following general concepts. The vector bundle A kT* M is in fact the value of a functor, which associates a bundle over M to each manifold M and a vector bundle homomorphism over f to each local diffeomorphism f between manifolds of the same dimension. This is a simple example of the concept of a natural bundle. The fact that exterior derivative d transforms sections of A kT* M into sections of A k+1T* M for every manifold M can be expressed by saying that d is an operator from A kT* M into A k+1T* M.
- Author(s)Ivan Kolar,J. Slovak,P.W. Michor,etc.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication22/01/1993
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight796 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.