All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom aspirin and ibuprofen to antihistamines and cortisone, anti-inflammatory drugs are w the top-selling pharmaceuticals in the world. But daily use of these powerful drugs comes with a price: side effects, many of which can lead to other chronic conditions and the further use of medications. In this practical guide to natural remedies for inflammation, naturopath Christopher Vasey explores 38 anti-inflammatory herbs, such as laurel, basil, turmeric, and devil's claw, as well as other natural substances, such as propolis and fish oil. He explains which conditions each addresses most effectively, proper dosage, and the best methods of ingestion. Vasey explains how, like fever, inflammation is a defensive reaction of the body and also carries out a cleansing process, which natural remedies support but pharmaceuticals can destabilize by contributing more toxins to the internal terrain. He examines many of the most common inflammation-related ailments--such as allergies, asthma, conjunctivitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, cystitis, tendonitis, arthritis, eczema, and sciatica--and explains which medicinal plant or food supplement is best suited to safely alleviate unpleasant symptoms while helping the body complete the healing the inflammation was initiated to perform. Revealing the important role of omega-3s in defending the body against inflammation and reducing the damage caused by chronic inflammation, Vasey explores what foods are rich in these key molecules, how much must be eaten to defend the body, and what omega-3 supplements are most suited to your body's needs. The author also examines how to deacidify the body, as acids have an inflammatory effect, as well as how to use hydrotherapy to calm inflammation.
- Author BiographyChristopher Vasey, N.D., is a naturopath specializing in detoxification and rejuvenation. He is the author of The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health, Optimal Detox, The Naturopathic Way, The Water Prescription, The Whey Prescription, The Detox Mono Diet, and The Healing Power of Fever. He lives near Montreux, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Christopher Vasey
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight263 g
- Width136 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.