All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow many famous people from Arkansas can you name? You might think of a few quickly, such as former U.S. president Bill Clinton and Walmart creator Sam Walton. But you may be surprised to find out how many other famous and fascinating people come from Arkansas (or have strong ties to the state). Natural State Notables profiles twenty-one famous and fascinating people from Arkansas, including musicians, athletes, business leaders, and public servants. Among others, readers will learn about a famous surgeon who was a pioneer in kidney transplantation, a woman who kept a hospital open during the Depression, and a teacher who wrote a famous song to match a history lesson. Featured are poor people who worked hard to become successful and a rich man who moved to Arkansas, fell in love with the state, and worked hard to make it better. All of these people are Natural State Notables, some of the many who have made Arkansas what it is today.
- Author BiographySteven Teske is an archivist at the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, USA, part of the Central Arkansas Library System, and he teaches history at the Arkansas State University. He is the author of Unvarnished Arkansas and the coauthor of Homefront Arkansas.
- Author(s)Steven Teske
- PublisherButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintButler Centre for Arkansas Studies
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight113 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.