All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive account of the wildlife of the Aran Islands in Galway Bay by an author intimately familiar with the landscape. It summarizes the key facts from the writings on Aran, illustrates them copiously with over a hundred colour photographs, and condenses the whole into a single, handy source for exploring the diverse and abundant wildlife of the islands. The chapters are organized as follows: In the Beginning - The Geology of Aran, Climate, Flora, Fauna, Seashore, and Farming in Aran. The Nature Guide to the Aran Islands throws open a window onto one of the environmental treasure troves of Europe's western seaboard. The outcome of lifelong study and observation by an expert in his field, it will become an invaluable and enduring reference work for locals and tourists alike.
- Author BiographyCON O'ROURKE graduated from UCD in General Agriculture and trained in microbiology and plant pathology, working for Teagasc for forty years. He has been President of the Institute of Biology of Ireland, Chairman of the Science Committee of the Royal Dublin Society, and served on various committees of the Royal Irish Academy, while organizing natural history courses as Gaeilge in the Aran Islands for trainee teachers, students and tourists. In 1990 his bilingual natural history video was issued, complemented by a poster on local flora, Blatha Arann, in 1993. He has edited several scientific publications.
- Author(s)Con O'Rourke
- PublisherThe Lilliput Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2006
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Lilliput Press Ltd
- Content Noteover 100 colour photographs
- Weight372 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.