All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionNature, History, State: 1933-1934 presents the first complete English-language translation of Heidegger's seminar 'On the Essence and Concepts of Nature, History and State', together with full introductory material and interpretive essays by five leading thinkers and scholars: Robert Bernasconi, Peter Eli Gordon, Marion Heinz, Theodore Kisiel and Slavoj Zizek. The seminar, which was held while Heidegger was serving as National Socialist rector of the University of Freiburg, represents important evidence of the development of Heidegger's political thought. The text consists of ten 'protocols' on the seminar sessions, composed by students and reviewed by Heidegger. The first session's protocol is a rather personal commentary on the atmosphere in the classroom, but the remainder have every appearance of being faithful transcripts of Heidegger's words, in which he raises a variety of fundamental questions about nature, history and the state. The seminar culminates in an attempt to sketch a political philosophy that supports the 'Fuhrer state'. The text is important evidence for anyone considering the tortured question of Heidegger's Nazism and its connection to his philosophy in general.
- Author BiographyMartin Heidegger (1889-1976) is regarded as one of the twentieth century's most important philosophers. Gregory Fried is Professor of Philosophy at Suffolk University, Boston, USA. Richard Polt is Professor of Philosophy at Xavier University, Cincinnati, USA. Contributors: Marion Heinz, Theodore Kisiel, Peter Eli Gordon, Robert Bernasconi, and Slavoj Zizek.
- Author(s)Martin Heidegger
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- Series TitleAthlone Contemporary European Thinkers
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byGregory Fried,Professor Richard Polt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.